How the Wife Can Spice-up Her Marriage0
- Stay fit and beautiful. Dress well – not wearing extravagant or expensive clothes but enough to make a good statement for the husband. Consider his preferences in choosing clothes (some like their wives to have short hair or wearing skirt instead of maong pants). And since we are the glue that hold things together in the home, we need to be strong and alert all the time. Exercise is important; and take those vitamins too.
- Call your husband “sweet names”: honey, darling, sweetie, …the possibilities are endless. This gives the feeling that you love your husband so much that calling him by his name is not enough (Though you may do that when no one is around, because others find it corny).
- Greet him by the door every time he comes home. Offer his slippers or give him a drink of water or freshly squeezed juice. When he goes to work, walk with him to the door and give him a hug or a kiss. At night, give him a massage. Massage releases oxytocin that creates a happy feeling.
- Inquire about his day in the office. Your husband will feel that you are interested on what is happening to him. But don’t be so eager to tell of the troubles that plagued you that day. Give him time to relax and settle down.
- Know what he likes: color, food, type of clothes, etc. Buy what he likes when you go to the grocery store. Bring him pasalubong, as you do to a child. If he is conscious about time, don’t let him wait.
- Be lavish in your praises and show of affection to your husband. Always make him know that you are proud of him and his achievements. Give him warm embrace and gestures of love quite often.
- Be your husband’s loving critic. If you commend him most of the time, he will not feel slighted when he is corrected, but will feel your genuine concern for him. Of course you have to do it in your sweet, gentle way.
- Promote your husband’s well-being. Don’t tell of his weaknesses to anybody. You are your husband’s PR manager and you must be able to project a good image of the husband. Be a good listener and give wise counsel to your husband. You need to cultivate a close relationship with God, otherwise you may not be able to give godly counsel.
- Be content. We must live happily with the things that we have and the situation we are in. If we keep on complaining, this adds pressure to the husband, making him feel that he is not a good provider. He will strive to earn more, but your lack of contentment is certainly not a good motivation for him.
- End the day together with God. Meditation on the word of God and prayer is a fitting end for each day. Since both of you have a date with God every night, this will prompt you both to settle any differences that arose within the day.
As we strive to become the loving and faithful wife of our husband, we are actually doing good to ourselves. Soon we will reap a hundred fold of what we have sown. We will literally be the “Queen”, the “treasure” the “apple of the eyes” of our beloved husband. It is God’s grand design. How beautiful it is.