ICM Discussion: The Benefits of Good Humor. (from Eric Barker, Barking up the Wrong Tree, July 24, 2016)
What Is Humor?
What is the purpose of humor? why do we laugh?
Humor is a complex phenomenon There is no general theory of humor or even an agreed definition.
- Humor is comprised of three components: wit, mirth, and laughter.
- Wit is the cognitive experience,
- Mirth the emotional experience,
- Laughter the physiological experience.
- We often equate laughter with humor, but there are many instances of laughter (tickling, nervousness, etc.) that clearly have little to do with humor.
- Similarly, there are many instances of humor that do not result in laughter (due to the mood of…
ICM Topic for Discussion
June 18, 2016
“I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works and my soul knows it very well. “ Psalm 139:14
The human body is incredibly a magnificent and powerful creation of God. How it works – its complexity, yet perfect coordination of bodily systems, is a testimony to the greatness of our Creator.
Here are some facts and wonders of the human body taken
* A cough releases an explosive charge of air that moves at speeds up to 60 mph. – this makes it important for us to cover our mouth when we cough
* A sneeze can exceed the speed of…
International Christian Ministry
Guide for LIVING : We should protect our kidneys
June 10, 2016
Functions of Kidney
Our kidney is Important part of our urinary system. It is found on each side of the spine, below the rib cage, as big as fist, weighing ¼ lb., and shaped like kidney beans.
People are born with two kidneys but we only need one. Each day, our kidneys filter 200 liters of blood, removing 2 liters of toxins, wastes and water in the process and excreted as urine. It monitors and regulates bodily fluid. It excretes excess fluids and retain those necessary for bodily function.
Kidneys are slowly damaged over time, which is one of the reasons why we don’t feel sick until the kidneys are…